3 Oprion Description
The gift giving process under the 3 Option provides for:
- users that will act as a Giver and a Presentee are yours app users;
- the availability of the following information at the moment of the initialization of 3 Option on the side of the your app:
- the country of residence of user who act as a Presentee;
- the city of residence of user who act as a Presentee.
- the data transfer from p.2 to YouGiver when you initialize the Option 3.
3 Option initialization
- Send POST request to
https://service.yougiver.me/api/v1/gift_requestswith possible parameters:
|gift_request[developer_number] *||Your developer_number in YouGiver service|
|gift_request[giver_id] *||The Giver ID in your service|
|gift_request[giver_name]||Name of the Giver|
|gift_request[giver_email]||Email of the Giver|
|gift_request[giver_phone]||Giver's phone number|
|gift_request[giver_nickname]||Nickname of the Giver|
|gift_request[giver_gender]||Gender of the Giver|
|gift_request[recipient_id] *||The Presentee ID in your service|
|gift_request[recipient_country] *||Country of the Presentee|
|gift_request[recipient_city] *||City of the Presentee|
|gift_request[recipient_gender]||Gender of the Presentee|
* required parameter.
- The answer format will be in JSON:
|url||Link the Giver must follow|
All parameters are simple strings
gift_request[recipient_country]— The country must be serviced by YouGiver.
gift_request[recipient_city]— The city must be serviced by YouGiver.
For a list of the countries and cities YouGiver supports, see the "Locations API" section.
Supported event notifications in 3 Option
- Event: Payment for the gift by the Giver → Notification #1: "Presentee’s notification of a new gift."
- Event: Filling out contact information by the Presentee → Notification #2: "The Giver's notification of the gift confirmation. Filling out the contact information by the Presentee."
- Event: Change of order status to "Completed" → Notification #3: "Notifying the Giver that the gift was delivered to the Presentee."
- Event: Change of order status to "Not completed" → Notification #4: "Notifying the Giver that the gift was not delivered because of the Presentee."
- Event: Expiration of X hours allocated for gift confirmation. (At the moment X = 48 hours) → Notification #5: "Notifying the Giver that the Presentee did not confirm (ignored) accepting of the gift."
- Event: Payment by the gift Giver. In case the Presentee has never previously confirmed the receipt of the gift. → Notification #7: "Notifying the Presentee. "Why did I get this link."
In the your personal account, create/set up WebHooks with the necessary event notifications for the interaction option you are planning on integrating into your app.
Implement the initialization of the chosen Option (using the developer_number) in your app according to the documentation concerning YouGiver variants (see below).
Test the correct work and connected notifications.
Launch integration in the production mode.